CoreCommerce makes it easy to create gift certificates for your store and sell them on your website. This is great for birthdays, holidays, and many special occasions!
note: This is typically used along with Rewards Points. Click Here!
Enabling Gift Certificates
- Go to Settings→ Payment Settings → Continue
- You can display which will allow you customize your gift certificates such as:
- Set the minimum and maximum amounts for gift certificates.
- Set the increments the customer can choose from when buying a gift certificate.
- If you do not want the mail option to display to the customer, enable Email Only and the gift certificate will be sent via email only.
- Set an expiration if desired.
- When done, click the Save.
Adding Gift Certificates to your Store
- You have a variety of options, such as inserting the link in the footer, or creating a new content page and inserting the link within a page.
Inserting a link in the footer
- Go to Site Content→ Footer Widget Settings → Promotions
- Set Gift certificates to ON
- The words "Gift Certificates" will now display in the footer with a link to the order form.
Inserting a link in a content page
- Go to Site Content→ Pages → click on a page Title → Body
- Make sure that somewhere on the content page you include the following link to the gift certificate order form:
- Customers whom have purchased gift certificates can check the balance of their certificate at
Once gift certificates have been enabled and added as a product on your site, you can now manually create and distribute gift certificates to your customers who buy them. To create a gift certificate and send it to a customer:
- Go to Marketing→ Gift Certificates → Add New Gift Certificates → Input the Gift Certificate Number
note: This can be any combination of letters and numbers and is what the customer will input when placing an order or click Auto-generate for a random string of letters and numbers.
- Enter a From and To name and message, if desired (these are not required).
- Input the gift certificate amount into the Total section.
- If you want to set an expiration, enter the number of days you want the gift certificate to be valid.
- Choose to send the gift certificate via email or by mail (optional).
- If you want to send the gift certificate to the customer via email right now, check Send Email Now and when you save, the email will be sent.
- When done, click Save.