To import your customer database, follow these steps:
- Customers > View or Manage Customers > Export Customers
- Optional (but recommended): Manually add one customer so that you can export a CSV file and see what fields and variables are needed for importing. \
- The .CSV file will automatically download to your computer. You can then open the file and use the data in it as a reference to set up your import file.
- Once your import file is ready..
- Customers > View or Manage Customers > Import Customers
- Upload your file (recommended) or upload it via FTP and reference the file name noted in 'Step 2' of the import process.
- On the next screen make sure all fields/columns are mapped correctly. Once everything looks good, click the Start Customer Import button
- You will see a pop-up with a loading bar showing the progress of the import. Depending on the size of your file, this could take several minutes.
- Once the import is complete, you will be able to see your customers under Customers > View or Manage Customers.
Note: Each customer must have an email address and it must be unique. The email is a unique identifier for customers, so if a customer does not have an email tied to them, their account will not be created, and if multiple customers are using the same email, only one of those accounts (the last one in the import) will be created.