Setting up PayPal Website Payments Standard to work with your CoreCommerce store is easy, but there are a few very important steps you will need to take.
The first thing you will need to do is to figure out your notification URL and return URL, which you will input on PayPal's end.
If you are using a shared SSL (which you will be unless you've purchased a dedicated SSL), your Instant payment notification URL (IPN) will look like this:
Please note: If using the URL https://www#.corecommerce.com/~yourstore/orderSubmitted.php
This is an outdated URL and will need to be updated.
You can find your secure URL by looking at the address bar when you're signed into the admin. Replace # with the number you see beside the www in your admin area and "yourstore" with your store name.
Your return URL will look similar, but instead of response.php will use orderSubmitted.php instead, like so:
If you are using a dedicated SSL, your notification URL will look like this:
Your return URL will look like this:
Now that you've figured out what URLs to use, you will need to set up the integration on PayPal's end:
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Click on the Profile link
- Click My Selling Tools in the leftside navigation
- Update the Instant Payment Notifications
- Edit the settings and enter the notification URL you figured out above
- Select Receive IPN messages (Enabled)
- Click Save and return to Profile page
- Under My Selling Tools, update Website Preferences
- Set the Auto Return to On
- Enter the return URL you figured out above
- Note: Do not enable Payment Data Transfer
- Click Save
Then in your CoreCommerce admin area do the following:
- Hover over the Settings link in the upper right corner and click Payment Settings
- Click on PayPal Website Payment Standard to expand the section
- Enter in your email address associated with the PayPal account, as well as the currency you wish to send to PayPal, and then Save.