To set up the Google Automatic Feed, here's what you need to do:
- Log into your Google Merchant Center account.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click the FTP Account link.
- Type in a username and password for your FTP account.
- Make sure you copy and paste what you type in that section into your CoreCommerce admin area under Settings > Plug-In Settings > Google Merchant Center. Scroll down until you see the Automatic FTP Upload section at the bottom of the screen and input your FTP account information into that section.
- Please note that it can take up to 15 minutes before your account will be active for FTP.
- Click on the Data Feeds link.
- Click on New Data Feed button.
- Choose the Target County (usually the United States).
- Choose the format. This should be left at Googlebase.
- For the data feed filename, enter in froogle.txt (if it isn't named that the feed will NOT work).
You are finished setting everything up. The feed will automatically be sent every day to Google without you doing anything else. You can still use the manual data feed if you wish, even when the automatic feed is enabled.
Below are links directly from Google's Support pages. This information may be useful if you run into any difficulty during setup.