If you're not using the shared CoreCommerce SSL, you'll have to go through some extra steps to make Facebook Connect work. You have to do this because of the domain restrictions Facebook imposes on its apps. Please disregard this topic if you're using the shared SSL (i.e. your secure URL looks something like https://www15.corecommerce.com/~storename/).
Here's what you have to do:
- Log in to Facebook
- Go to https://developers.facebook.com/apps
- Click on Create New App in the top right
- Give your app a name (e.g. "Nikita CoreCommerce Cnnct").
- You can leave App Namespace blank. Hit Continue.
- Complete the FB human verification/security check.
- You should automatically land on the Basic Settings section. This is the only section you'll have to modify to get your app working.
- Record your App ID and App Secret
- You don't have to upload your own app icon, but we recommend it. Otherwise your customers will see the default gray gear icon when granting your app access. Keep in mind that there are two sizes of icons you can upload - 16x16 and 75x75 pixels.
- Change the app's Contact Email if you want.
- Set App Domains to your site's SECURE domain, i.e. if your SSL points to "https://store.mysite.com", enter "mysite.com" in this box.
- Enable the Website with Facebook Login section and set Site URL to your site's URL, i.e.. http://www.mysite.com/
- Hit the Save Changes button at the bottom.
- In your CoreCommerce admin, go to Settings > Plug-In Apps > Facebook
- Turn on Facebook Connect Integration and make sure that I want to use my own Facebook app is set to ON.
- Enter in your Application ID and Application Secret.
- Save the page and you're all set!
Click here to see an example of a settings page of a working custom Facebook Connect app.
Here's an example of the screen that your customers will see when granting access to your app to be able to log into your store with Facebook: