note: If you see Value Added Tax (VAT) or do not see Value Added Tax (VAT) but wish to use it you will need to submit a ticket to email@example.com so they can change your tax country to use your country.
- Please specify which country you live in) under Account→ My Tickets→ Create New Ticket
Configure US Sales Tax (State, County or Zip Level sales tax)
- Go to Settings→ Sales Tax Wizard.
- You can collect tax by these methods.
- Salestax.com (Third Party)
note salestax.com is a paid service
- Depending on which one you choose you will fill out the tax information on how you would like to collect taxes.
Mark ALL Products are Taxable or Not Taxable
- Go to Settings→ Sales Tax Wizard → Make All Products Taxable
- You can also use the product import /export to batch update your products if you need to make a lot of additional changes to your products.
Marking Specific Products as Taxable or not Taxable
- Click on Inventory→ View or Manage Products → Gear→ Edit → General Info
- Under the Basic Info header, ensure that this product is Taxable enabled.
- When done, click Save.