Input an Order Manually
Created by: Daniel Cox
Modified on: Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 10:36 AM
To input an order manually (manual orders are called "phone orders" in the system):
- Log in to the admin panel of your online store.
- Once signed in, Click on Orders (left-hand menu) and click on Place Phone Order.
- The first thing to do is to either choose an existing customer or add a new customer. You can search by either their name or by email. If you searched for a customer, click on the 'Select' link next to the phone number to select that customer. That will show the information about that customer. Click on the Continue button. If the manual order is for a new customer, click on Add New and input the required information. When you click on Save, you will continue on to input the product being ordered.
- The next step is to add the product(s) being ordered. If you already know which product the customer wants, you can just type in the title, otherwise, click on 'Browse Store' to find the product. If the customer has ordered this same item in the past, you can click on the 'View previous order history' to find items in their order history. Once you have added the item(s), click on Continue.
- The next step is the Shipping step. This uses the information from the shipping zones to display available shipping services and rates. Select the option the customer prefers and then click on Continue.
- Payment is the final step. Select the appropriate payment method. Please note **Any method that takes the customer off your site like PayPal will not show up there since that requires the customer to log in via a 3rd party site.** However, any payment option that remains on your store will show up here. Choose the payment option (if need be, put in a credit card number) and then click on Submit Order.
- The order will then be added to your store under the Orders (left-hand menu) > Manage orders. If the customer used a credit card, the order will be approved; otherwise, you will have to wait for the payment from the customer to approve the order.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.