To configure Google Apps:
- First, create a Google account if you do not have one already.
- Once logged into your account, visit "Settings" and then "Accounts."
- Under the section "Check mail from other accounts (using POP3)", click the "Add a Pop3 mail account you own".
- Email address: "email@example.com" Select: "Next Step"
- Username: "*yourusername*" Password: "*yourpassword*" POP Server: "www20.corecommerce.com" Port: 995 & check "Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail. Select: "Add Account"
- Select "Yes, I want to be able to send mail as firstname.lastname@example.org."
- Name: (Enter your name here) Check the "Treat as an alias" option.
- SMTP Server: "www20.corecommerce.com" Username: "*yourusername*" Password: "yourpassword*" Port 587. Select: "Secured connection using TLS (recommended)" [Add Account]
- Next is the screen that asks for your 'Verification Code'. Go back to the gmail settings screen.. Under the section, "Check mail from other accounts (using POP3)", you will not see email@example.com. Select "Check Mail Now" and give it a few minutes to check your email box. You may have to do this a few times over the course of a couple minutes. It can take 3 or more minutes to get that email from gmail.
- Check your inbox and locate the verification email. Then find the verification code. When you've retrieved it, copy and then paste it into the yellow pop and click "Verify".
- Congratulations! You are done. You will now be able to check your CoreCommerce hosted email accounts via Gmail.
Note: Please ensure there are no "white spaces" after inputting your username, password and host settings. Spaces are recognized as characters and can cause errors.