- Please keep in mind that this installation fee will be applied every time your SSL is renewed and re-installed to your store's server.
- A NEW secureserver.net account is required to purchase your SSL via our affiliate link if you do not already have an SSL provider.
- Typically the certificate will be installed within 1-3 business days.
- Keep in mind an incorrect CSR key can delay the installation of your SSL
- The SSL itself is set up in Secure Server and NOT through CoreCommerce.
- The installation of the SSL is through CoreCommerce.
After you have purchased the SSL, (Recommended SSL Type: Standard SSL)
- Account (upper right-hand corner)→ My Products → My SSL Certificates → Set up or Manage
- If setting up the SSL for the first time you will need to upload a verification file via your store's FTP - Click here for instructions.
- Once verified, click check for updates. Shortly after you will see Download | Rekey & Manage | HIstory
- Click the Rekey & Manage → Re-key certificate
- Paste in the CSR that you received from CoreCommerce
note: To obtain a CSR Key see: SSL Installation form (New SSL or SSL Renewal)
- Save > Submit All Saved Changes
- Shortly after Godaddy (Secure Server) will have verified and provide you with the Download
- You may be presented with multiple Apache choices. Some possibilities include but are not limited to:
- "Apache + OpenSSL" [or just "Open"]
- "Apache + MOD SSL" [or just "MOD"]
- "Apache + Raven" [or just "Raven"]
- "Apache + SSLeay" [or just "SSLeavy"]
- "Apache 2"
- "Apache + ApacheSSL" [or just "ApacheSSL"]
- If this happens, select either Apache + OpenSSL or "Open"
- Click Download → Server type: Apache
- A zip file will download to your computer.
- Attach this file to the ticket (ex: SSL Certificate Transfer (#xxxxxx-xxxxxx)) from which you copied the CSR Key from.
- Click on Username (Account)→ Services→ Secure Certificate
(if this does not display, you will first need to add a domain. Click Here!)
- You MUST fill out the form below on this page to receive a CSR Key.
- This will generate a support ticket shortly after the form has been submitted which will contain your CSR Key.
- You will see something like SSL Certificate Transfer (#xxxxxx-xxxxxx) in your open tickets.
- Go to Username (Account)→ My Tickets→ SSL Certificate Transfer
- A support tech will respond back to the ticket with the CSR key, which you must input at your SSL Host (ex: SecureServer)
Example CSR Key
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
note: Our Support team can handle the installation of your SSL. To do so you must do the following:
- Purchase the SSL
- Purchase the Installation Form
- Provide your SSL Host login such as your SecureServer credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Is your website showing as insecure? Click here