This guide will allow you to create a personalization (different sizes, colors, etc.) for your products.
Setting up Personalizations
- Go to Inventory→ View or Manage Products → Gear→ Edit→ Variants
- You will see the Variants tab in the top menu
- Click on the Personalizations link in the left menu
- In the Question field, type in the word or phrase you would like the personalization to be displayed as on the store front, for example, "Size" or "Color"
- Choose the Input Type (drop-down menu, checkboxes, radio buttons, etc.)
- Click Save.
- In the left menu, click the Question name (e.g. "Size") that you just created. You can also edit the Question settings (e.g. "Color Settings") in the menu below.
- Enter your first Answer (such as "Small") and click Save.
- Repeat for each Answer you want to create. (e.g. "red", "blue","green")
- When you have all of the Answers entered in, you will need to make sure that you have the question set to Enabled. Otherwise, the personalization will not display on the product detail page.
- You can also make it Required, the customer would then have to choose an answer in order to add the item to the cart.
- If you need to add a SKU, pricing, inventory level, weight, etc. to the Answer, click the Editicon to the right.
- Enter the information you would like to add, then click Save at the top when done.
- If you want to see your product with the personalizations you set up, click the product name in the top left of the edit screen and it will open a new tab/window to that product.
Note: If you want your personalization pricing (and cost, if applicable) to be added to the base product price, you will need to go to Settings > Inventory Settings and make sure that "Product Option Prices are" is set to "Added to the base product price." Please note that weight is always added, regardless of what this setting is set to.