This guide will allow you to create a personalization (different sizes, colors, etc.) for your products.
Setting up Personalizations
- Go to Inventory→ View or Manage Products → Gear→ Edit→ Variants
- You will see the Variants tab in the top menu
- Click on the Personalizations link in the left menu
- In the Question field, type in the word or phrase you would like the personalization to be displayed as on the store front, for example, "Size" or "Color"
- Choose the Input Type (drop-down menu, checkboxes, radio buttons, etc.)
- Click Save
- In the left menu, click the Question name (e.g. "Size") that you just created. You can also edit the Question settings (e.g. "Color Settings") in the menu below.
- Enter your first Answer (such as "Small") and click Save
- Repeat for each Answer you want to create. (e.g. "red", "blue","green")
- When you have all of the Answers entered in, you will need to make sure that you have the question set to Enabled.
note: The personalization will not display on the product detail page if you do not enable it.
- You can also make it Required, the customer would then have to choose an answer in order to add the item to the cart.
- If you need to add a SKU, pricing, inventory level, weight, etc. to the Answer, click the Editicon to the right.
- When, then click Save
- If you want to see your product with the Personalizations you set up, click the product name to open a new tab/window to that product.
note: If you want your personalization pricing (and cost, if applicable) to be added to the base product price:
- Go to Settings→ Inventory Settings
- Make sure that Product Option Prices are is set to Added to the base product price.
- Weight is ALWAYS added, regardless of what this setting is set to.