Options/Option Sets are one of two types of product variants. For example, let's say you sell t-shirts. You have a shirt that comes in two colors (red and blue) and three sizes (small, medium, and large). You may have a selection of small red, medium red, large red, small blue, medium blue, and large blue.
If you need to track these as a single item, you will want to use options/option sets.
Options are the choices you wish to input into the system.
Options Sets are the output of every combination of Options. You define which Option Sets are available for customers to choose from.
Need to enable inventory tracking? Click Here!
Adding options to your products
- Go to Inventory → View or Manage Products → Settings → Edit → Variants
- If you haven't already enabled advanced options, click the "Yes" button in the section that asks if you want to enable advanced options.
- Click Options in the left-side navigation.
Option Group Question
- Enter the name of the option group you would like to create (e.g. Color or Size).
- Click the Create button to save the option group.
- In the left-side options navigation, you will now see a new link for the group you just created. Click that new link (-on Color or Size).
Option Group Answer
- Enter the name of the group option you would like to create (e.g. Red or Small).
- Click the Create button to save the group option.
- Edit the group option (e.g. Red or Small) by double-clicking the row associated with the group option.
- You can specify the Price, SKU, sort, weight, cost, and MSRP for the group option.
- Click the Save inside the row of the group option you are editing to save the group option changes.
- Once you have all of your groups and group options created, click the Option Sets link in the left-side navigation.
- On the next page, you will see ALL of the combinations of each option that are possible.
note: This list can dramatically grow if you add a lot of Options
- Go through each Option Set on this page and enable each one you would like to display on the front end.
- To easily search the options you want to enable there is a filter drop-down menu.
- You can also upload images and set inventory levels (if inventory tracking is set to the option level under General Info → Inventory → Inventory Tracking → By Option and Personalization).
- Click the Save button at the top of the page when you are finished.