Clearing your cache is import in ensuring your browser pulls the most up to date data from your website. This includes image, links, html/css change, and other various coding. Most browsers do this automatically after a set time. If you are constantly make design updates to your site clearing this more often can ensure you immediately see those changes.
Please note this is not the same as clear your cookies. This will only affect design/code oriented data and not passwords or logins you have saved.
Clearing your Cache!
- From the Menubutton in the upper-right corner of the Chrome window, choose More Tools → Clear browsing data…“.
- Press “CTRL” + “Shift” + “Delete” keys in Windows or Linux, or “Command” + “Shift” + “Delete” keys on MacOS.
- Select Menu → Settings → Advanced → Clear browsing data…“.
- Select the period of time you wish to delete cached information using the Clear the following items from drop down menu.
- From there, you can choose Cached images and files.
- Select the Clear browsing data button, and Chrome will clear your cache.
Google Account Data
Some browser data is stored in your online Google account. You can clear that data with these steps
- From a browser, visit the Google – My Activity page.
Do one of the following:
- Select the checkbox next to any item you wish to remove, then select Delete.
- From the left-menu, select Delete activity by, choose the desired options, then select Delete.